CITY INCOME TAX HOURS
7:30 A.M. - 4:00 P.M. MONDAY-FRIDAY
In order to process your 2021 City Income Tax Return
you must have a Copy of your Federal 1040,
W-2's and all applicable Schedules.
- Individuals can now file online, mail or place in the night drop at the City Administration Building or file their taxes in person by April 15, 2023 (see important notice below)
- Businesses can file their taxes in person or through the Ohio Business Gateway.
- Individual and Business Payments can be paid online.
JEFFERSON TOWNSHIP-WASHINGTON COURT HOUSE JEDD
IMPORTANT CITY OF WASHINGTON INCOME TAX INFORMATION
“NEW” Individual Online Filing
Taxpayers use of electronic resources and professional tax preparation services has grown significantly. As a result, the City of Washington is discontinuing the mailing of blank individual tax forms.
How Do I File? The City of Washington now offers a convenient and secure E-Filing option that can be accessed at: https://www.mitstaxonline.com/washingtonch/
If income tax is due, you have the option to pay the amount when submitting the E-File return. Please note that there will be a processing fee charged by the third-party merchant at the time of payment. If you prefer to mail your payment, please include a copy of the finalized return with your payment. You can also pay online by clicking the online bill pay located on this website and make a payment without incurring a fee. Online Payments
Where can I get a form? Blank City of Washington income tax forms will be available in our lobby, at the Carnegie Public Library or downloaded (here). With the tax return you must include W-2’s, 1099’s, page 1 of your Federal 1040 and (if applicable) Schedules 1, C, E, F & K-1.
Due Date: April 15th
(Due date may vary due to weekends, Emancipation Day or the I.R.S. extending the due date)
The City of Washington Tax office is open 7:30-4:00 Monday – Friday
Located at 117 N. Main St., Washington C.H.
(If you need assistance, please stop by the office early in the season to avoid long lines)
Phone 740-636-2342 – Email firstname.lastname@example.org
By October 31 of each year, the interest rate that will apply to overdue municipal income taxes during the next calendar year will be posted herein, as required by Ohio Revised Code Section 718.27(F).
The interest rate is calculated by adding five percentage points to the federal short-term rate (rounded to the nearest whole number percent) that was in effect during July of the current year, in accordance with Ohio Revised Code Section 718.27(A)(5).
Based on these requirements, the applicable interest rate is as follows:
Calendar Year Annual Rate
2015 and prior 12.00
For 2021 Tax Year
- The City of Washington's 2021 tax rate is 1.95%.
- The City of Washington’s interest rate for the tax year 2021 will be 5% annum.
- The rates are based on the federal short term rate plus 5% per the passing of H.B. 5 by the state legislature and will be subject to change each year.
- This rate applies only to the 2021 tax year, all previous years are applicable to past rates.
- City income taxes are due April 18, 2022.